Tell me more
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Am I a good candidate? Will this work for me?
The best candidate is someone who has pockets of cellulite and/or excess body fat that they can’t get rid of with diet and exercise alone, and who doesn’t want surgery. An ideal candidate is also someone who is starting to lose elasticity in their skin and is showing early signs of sagging and wrinkles.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- Active inflammation and/or infection in the treatment area
- Current or history of cancer
- A degenerative neurologic disease or any other disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker
- Metal implants (excluding dental) in the treatment area
- Uncontrolled thyroid gland disorder
- Varicose veins
- Pregnant or are undergoing an IVF procedure
- Skin-related autoimmune diseases
- Silicone implants and/or injections in the area
2) How long does it take?
Exact treatment times may vary depending on the patient, but a single session typically takes no longer than 45 minutes. (Clinic preparation time may alter this)
3) How many sessions will I need to see results?
Most patients receive 6-8 treatments per area. The exact number will depend on each individual person and the area being treated.
4) How far apart should treatments be completed?
Treatments are done once a week.
5) How do I prepare for a treatment?
Just make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams or makeup before your treatment. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated.
6) What does the treatment feel like?
The applicator will slowly get warmer till your skin reaches the needed temperature and stays within that temperature range. But if you do feel it’s too hot, just let the operator know and they can easily lower the temperature a bit. If the technician is using the VariPulse™ feature, you will also feel a gentle suction on your skin, like a very low-power vacuum, as the applicator moves around the area. This can also be lowered if needed.
7) Will it be painful?
Venus Legacy™ treatments are comfortable. The level of heat and suction can easily be adjusted to suit you.
8) How will I feel after my treatment?
You’ll likely feel relaxed. The treatment is comfortable and some patients have even fallen asleep. The area may feel warm to the touch, but other than that, you’ll feel perfectly normal.
9) How long will the results last and are the permanent?
The treatments are cumulative. After your final treatment, your results will continue to improve for up to 3-4 months. After that, your face and body continue to age, so maintenance is recommended once a month or every 3-4 months, depending on the person.
10) Is there really no downtime?
Absolutely no downtime. The treatment area may look a little flushed and warm to the touch, but this will go away within 1-2 hours. You can return to your daily schedule immediately after your treatment.
11) Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
No, you do not need to do anything after your treatment.
12) Can I apply makeup after my treatment?
Yes, you can apply makeup and/or lotion immediately after your treatment
Book an appointment